(AP) – A look at the deaths related to the massive snowstorm that blanketed the Northeast in 1 to 3 feet of snow and battered the coastline with high winds and some flooding.
_ A 73-year-old man fell while cleaning up in Danbury and later died.
_ 49-year-old man in Shelton apparently suffered a “medical event” while shoveling snow.
_ A man was found dead in a driveway in Bridgeport. His body was discovered under snow.
_ A woman in her 80s who was clearing snow Friday in Prospect was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver.
_ Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said five people died; details were not immediately available on the fifth death.
_ A 75-year-old man disoriented by whiteout conditions crashed into a tree in Passadumkeag, then drove his pickup onto the Penobscot River. The submerged truck was found Sunday.
_ A boy who took shelter in a snowed-in car in Boston while his father shoveled around it died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities said he was 13 or 14.
_ A man in Boston’s Mattapan neighborhood also died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a running, snowed-in car.
_ A 60-year-old Webster man, who was a 32-year-member of the Worcester Fire Department, suffered a heart attack and died at a hospital after shoveling snow at his Webster home.
_ A 23-year-old man plowing his driveway with a farm tractor went off the edge of the road and was killed in Columbia County.
_ A driver lost control in snowy conditions in Poughkeepsie and fatally struck a 74-year-old man.
_ A 58-year-old man apparently suffered a medical problem while removing snow from his car at a senior citizens’ apartment complex in Selden on Long Island.
_ An 80-year-old woman in Hamilton collapsed while shoveling her driveway.
_ A 49-year-old Oshawa man was killed as a result of a multi-vehicle collision in Pickering, east of Toronto, on Friday.
_ A 57-year-old Ottawa man died when his car crashed in blizzard conditions near Prescott, Ontario.
Sources: Law enforcement, government officials, AP reporting
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever