(AP) – A look at the deaths related to the massive snowstorm that blanketed the Northeast in 1 to 3 feet of snow and battered the coastline with high winds and some flooding.
_ A 73-year-old man fell while cleaning up in Danbury and later died.
_ 49-year-old man in Shelton apparently suffered a “medical event” while shoveling snow.
_ A man was found dead in a driveway in Bridgeport. His body was discovered under snow.
_ A woman in her 80s who was clearing snow Friday in Prospect was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver.
_ Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said five people died; details were not immediately available on the fifth death.
_ A 75-year-old man disoriented by whiteout conditions crashed into a tree in Passadumkeag, then drove his pickup onto the Penobscot River. The submerged truck was found Sunday.
_ A boy who took shelter in a snowed-in car in Boston while his father shoveled around it died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Authorities said he was 13 or 14.
_ A man in Boston’s Mattapan neighborhood also died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a running, snowed-in car.
_ A 60-year-old Webster man, who was a 32-year-member of the Worcester Fire Department, suffered a heart attack and died at a hospital after shoveling snow at his Webster home.
_ A 23-year-old man plowing his driveway with a farm tractor went off the edge of the road and was killed in Columbia County.
_ A driver lost control in snowy conditions in Poughkeepsie and fatally struck a 74-year-old man.
_ A 58-year-old man apparently suffered a medical problem while removing snow from his car at a senior citizens’ apartment complex in Selden on Long Island.
_ An 80-year-old woman in Hamilton collapsed while shoveling her driveway.
_ A 49-year-old Oshawa man was killed as a result of a multi-vehicle collision in Pickering, east of Toronto, on Friday.
_ A 57-year-old Ottawa man died when his car crashed in blizzard conditions near Prescott, Ontario.
Sources: Law enforcement, government officials, AP reporting
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy