HAMDEN, Conn. (AP) – Out of a job but still popular, Hillary Rodham Clinton tops President Barack Obama in a new poll.
A Quinnipiac (KWIHN’-uh-pee-ak) University poll released Friday found the just-departed secretary of state is the most popular national political figure among a number of luminaries. Clinton’s favorability rating of 61 percent compares to the 51 percent of respondents who viewed Obama favorably.
Clinton, who has been touted as a possible presidential candidate in 2016, topped a group including Vice President Joseph Biden, House Speaker John Boehner, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Clinton successor Secretary of State John Kerry.
The telephone poll was conducted Jan. 30-Feb. 4, as Clinton was leaving her job. Pollsters surveyed 1,772 registered voters. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.3 percentage points.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development