BOSTON (AP) – Reports filed by prosecutors in the case against James “Whitey” Bulger show the Boston mobster bought at least 15 handguns and a 12-gauge shotgun during his years as a fugitive.
The Boston Globe (
http://bo.st/TQcwRK) reports that firearms tracing reports show Bulger may have purchased the weapons from gun shows in Nevada and Utah. By law, those dealers would not be required to conduct background checks or even ask for a buyer’s identification.
The 83-year-old Bulger is charged in connection with 19 murders. He was captured in Santa Monica, Calif., in 2011 after more than 16 years on the run.
Federal investigators found nearly 30 firearms, including pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles, tucked away in Bulger’s apartment.
His trial is scheduled to begin in June.
Information from: The Boston Globe,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development