NEW YORK (AP) – The BCBG Max Azria customer can do a little wandering in her closet next fall.
The collection that designers Max and Lubov Azria presented Thursday at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week had a nomadic, bohemian vibe but not one filtered through their hometown of Paris or home base of Los Angeles.
These clothes came to the runway on the opening day of Fashion Week with an inspiration rooted in Istanbul’s architecture and the Gypsies of southern Europe.
Printed boxy shift dresses were worn over fluid lingerie-like underpinnings. Long vests _ both fur and cashmere _ topped cozy crewnecks. There were more layers, with leather leggings or lizard thigh-high boots that had the effect of leggings peeking out from the hemlines of dresses and sweaters.
“It sounds a little crazy, but it’s also a little bit hippie. It’s different than what we’ve been doing,” Max Azria said backstage at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week tents at Lincoln Center.
Why the change from more structured styles from spring?
“My wife likes it all. She likes the colors, the prints, the textures. She likes to see a melange,” he said.
Samantha Critchell tweets fashion at (at)AP_Fashion and can also be reached at (at)Sam_Critchell.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns