NEW YORK (AP) – The BCBG Max Azria customer can do a little wandering in her closet next fall.
The collection that designers Max and Lubov Azria presented Thursday at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week had a nomadic, bohemian vibe but not one filtered through their hometown of Paris or home base of Los Angeles.
These clothes came to the runway on the opening day of Fashion Week with an inspiration rooted in Istanbul’s architecture and the Gypsies of southern Europe.
Printed boxy shift dresses were worn over fluid lingerie-like underpinnings. Long vests _ both fur and cashmere _ topped cozy crewnecks. There were more layers, with leather leggings or lizard thigh-high boots that had the effect of leggings peeking out from the hemlines of dresses and sweaters.
“It sounds a little crazy, but it’s also a little bit hippie. It’s different than what we’ve been doing,” Max Azria said backstage at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week tents at Lincoln Center.
Why the change from more structured styles from spring?
“My wife likes it all. She likes the colors, the prints, the textures. She likes to see a melange,” he said.
Samantha Critchell tweets fashion at (at)AP_Fashion and can also be reached at (at)Sam_Critchell.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick