CUMBERLAND, Maine (AP) – Members of a Maine high school girls’ basketball team have been disciplined after a picture surfaced online of team members giving a Nazi salute.
The principal and athletic director at Greely High School in Cumberland said in a letter to parents that two girls appear to be giving the Adolf Hitler-style salute while a third girls sits between them. They say one team member has been nicknamed Hitler. All three girls are wearing their basketball uniforms.
The letter says “whether done in ignorance or with hate,” such behavior is “simply unacceptable.”
The Portland Press Herald (
http://bit.ly/WC1yhe) reports the letter also said other “inappropriate and biased language” was used by team members.
Principal Dan McKeone says players have been disciplined, but he didn’t disclose the exact nature of the punishment.
Information from: Portland Press Herald,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon