CINCINNATI (AP) – A man whose lawyer helped him get acquitted on an attempted murder count now faces charges that he punched the attorney in the courtroom.
A Hamilton County Common Pleas jury convicted Dionte Lummus of felonious assault, robbery and other charges, but he was acquitted on the most serious count. He faces 34 years for the convictions.
But now he is charged with escape and assaulting an officer of the court.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports (
http://cin.ci/YDeOmc) Lummus hit attorney William Oswall in the face Monday after he unsuccessfully tried to fire him in mid-trial. A deputy tackled him when he tried to run.
Oswall continued to argue his case. He says if the defendant was your brother or sister, you’d want him to continue to fight as hard as possible.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.