CINCINNATI (AP) – A man whose lawyer helped him get acquitted on an attempted murder count now faces charges that he punched the attorney in the courtroom.
A Hamilton County Common Pleas jury convicted Dionte Lummus of felonious assault, robbery and other charges, but he was acquitted on the most serious count. He faces 34 years for the convictions.
But now he is charged with escape and assaulting an officer of the court.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports (
http://cin.ci/YDeOmc) Lummus hit attorney William Oswall in the face Monday after he unsuccessfully tried to fire him in mid-trial. A deputy tackled him when he tried to run.
Oswall continued to argue his case. He says if the defendant was your brother or sister, you’d want him to continue to fight as hard as possible.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains