CINCINNATI (AP) – A man whose lawyer helped him get acquitted on an attempted murder count now faces charges that he punched the attorney in the courtroom.
A Hamilton County Common Pleas jury convicted Dionte Lummus of felonious assault, robbery and other charges, but he was acquitted on the most serious count. He faces 34 years for the convictions.
But now he is charged with escape and assaulting an officer of the court.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports (
http://cin.ci/YDeOmc) Lummus hit attorney William Oswall in the face Monday after he unsuccessfully tried to fire him in mid-trial. A deputy tackled him when he tried to run.
Oswall continued to argue his case. He says if the defendant was your brother or sister, you’d want him to continue to fight as hard as possible.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever