PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman got the surprise of her life when her daily iced coffee run to the McDonald’s at 24th Street and Osborn Road turned into $50,000 in her pocket.
Libby Schwichtenberg was one of two $50,000 winners of McDonald’s Monopoly sweepstakes, which she would play through an app on her phone every day after receiving a game piece for her iced coffee.
“I kept reading the email over and over again, thinking to myself, is this real or a scam? My heart was racing, I was crying, I was freaking out,” Schwichtenberg said in a press release.
Schwichtenberg, mother of two and administrative assistant for a travel agency, plans to use the money to pay off bills, take a vacation and make a down payment on a house.
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat