PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman got the surprise of her life when her daily iced coffee run to the McDonald’s at 24th Street and Osborn Road turned into $50,000 in her pocket.
Libby Schwichtenberg was one of two $50,000 winners of McDonald’s Monopoly sweepstakes, which she would play through an app on her phone every day after receiving a game piece for her iced coffee.
“I kept reading the email over and over again, thinking to myself, is this real or a scam? My heart was racing, I was crying, I was freaking out,” Schwichtenberg said in a press release.
Schwichtenberg, mother of two and administrative assistant for a travel agency, plans to use the money to pay off bills, take a vacation and make a down payment on a house.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix woman turns to street drug dealers to cope with pain
- Here are the restaurants participating in Arizona Restaurant Week
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- President Donald Trump will not make Phoenix visit this month
- Teenage girl dies in Phoenix crash; driver was unlicensed