PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman got the surprise of her life when her daily iced coffee run to the McDonald’s at 24th Street and Osborn Road turned into $50,000 in her pocket.
Libby Schwichtenberg was one of two $50,000 winners of McDonald’s Monopoly sweepstakes, which she would play through an app on her phone every day after receiving a game piece for her iced coffee.
“I kept reading the email over and over again, thinking to myself, is this real or a scam? My heart was racing, I was crying, I was freaking out,” Schwichtenberg said in a press release.
Schwichtenberg, mother of two and administrative assistant for a travel agency, plans to use the money to pay off bills, take a vacation and make a down payment on a house.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Phoenix-area zoo welcomes birth of two mountain lion cubs