MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) – Police say a man believed to be intoxicated got behind the wheel of a bus that was left running at a Minnesota homeless shelter and steered it into a nearby snow bank.
Authorities say two other people were aboard the YMCA bus Friday at Churches United for the Homeless in Moorhead, but they exited safely. The vehicle sustained minor damage.
Jack Michael Christensen was booked into jail on charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, refusal to take an intoxication test and public urination. Police say the 48-year-old has no permanent address and had been convicted of at least two prior drunken-driving charges.
Witnesses said Christensen urinated in front of the shelter. When police arrived, he briefly fled on foot and pounded on the doors of a complex nearby.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths