LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) – This isn’t going to help kids eat their vegetables.
About a dozen Wyoming preschoolers at Linford Elementary School in Laramie were taken to the hospital Tuesday after eating sample-sized portions of either yucca, the cactus, or yuca, with one c, the root vegetable.
It was part of a push to get students to eat new types of fruits and vegetable.
Superintendent Brian Recht says the district’s food supplier couldn’t confirm which of the two was served. Both are potentially harmful if not properly prepared.
The Laramie Boomerang (
http://bit.ly/11eMKWa) reported that one preschooler reported nausea, but it’s not clear if it was related to the food.
Samples were also served at other schools, but no one reported getting sick.
Information from: Laramie (Wyo.) Daily Boomerang,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night