FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – A North Texas grand jury has indicted a man for felony murder in the fatal heroin overdose of the grandson of Texas billionaire T. Boone Pickens.
A spokeswoman for Tarrant County prosecutors says Brennan Trainor Rodriguez was also indicted for manslaughter, tampering with evidence and delivering a controlled substance in the Jan. 29 death of 21-year-old Ty Pickens.
The indictment accuses Rodriguez of injecting heroin into Pickens’ body, causing his death. Rodriguez is also accused of hiding drugs and a syringe from law enforcement after Pickens’ death.
Rodriguez’s attorney, Bruce Ashworth, declined to comment.
Family spokesman Jay Rosser said the family was grateful that the grand jury “has taken the first step in holding Brennan Rodriguez responsible” for Pickens’ death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development