ATLANTA (AP) – Delta Air Lines is planning to open outdoor terraces with sweeping runway views for its Delta Sky Clubs members at New York’s John F. Kennedy and Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airports.
Delta officials said in a statement that the Sky Deck terraces will offer “unprecedented” airport views.
The terrace at JFK will be located in a $1.2 billion redevelopment of Terminal 4 set to open in May. In Atlanta, The Sky Deck is to open this summer adjacent to the Delta Sky Club in Atlanta’s new international terminal.
Tim Mapes, Delta’s senior vice president of marketing, says the airline is partnering with Architectural Digest and designer Thom Filicia to design the terraces.
Delta says the airline has opened or renovated 13 clubs across its system in the past 24 months.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates