NEW YORK (AP) – A former employee of a New York city law firm has been convicted of stealing more than $376,000 worth of copy machine toner from the firm.
Thirty-nine-year-old Adrian Rodriguez pleaded guilty to second-degree grand larceny for his thefts from the firm of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP.
Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance said Tuesday that Rodriguez ordered more than $376,000 worth of toner from vendors between 2010 and 2012. Prosecutors said Rodriguez then resold the black ink toner for $10 per box and the color ink toner for $15 per box.
The cartridges were worth $80 to $259 apiece.
Officials have said Rodriguez’s scheme was part of a growing black market for toner cartridges and other office supplies.
He will be sentenced May 21.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.