MIAMI (AP) – Two men have been sentenced to federal prison time in the 2010 slaying of a Miami mail carrier.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office said Friday that Pikerson Mentor was sentenced to life in prison, while Saubnet Politesse was sentenced to 21 years. Mentor was convicted by a jury in September on 14 counts, including homicide, carjacking, robbery, possession of a firearm and aggravated identity theft. Politesse pleaded guilty to murder and theft charges earlier.
Prosecutors say the pair robbed and killed 60-year-old mail carrier Bruce Parton at an apartment complex in December 2010.
Investigators say the pair targeted Parton so they could get a master key to open mailboxes in a wide geographic area. Their alleged goal was to steal identities by intercepting mail with sensitive personal information.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development