MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say as many as 50 vehicles could be involved in a pileup on Interstate 75 in southwest Ohio.
A dispatcher at the State Highway Patrol says the crash occurred Monday in the southbound lanes, between the cities of Middletown and Monroe.
The dispatcher says she’s not yet aware of injuries. She says if there are injuries, none are serious. Additional details weren’t immediately available.
Parts of southwest Ohio were expected to see scattered snow showers in the early afternoon, with some isolated pockets of heavier snowfall. National Weather Service forecasters had said that could reduce visibility in some areas and produce a quick coating of snow of a half inch or less.
Southbound lanes of Interstate 270 near Columbus also were closed Monday after a multiple-vehicle pileup.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever