MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) – A central Indiana jail officer has been charged with coaxing female inmates into stripping for him in return for favors.
Morgan County jail officer Nicholas Tankersley, 21, of Martinsville, was formally charged Thursday with sexual battery, official misconduct, theft and battery. The Reporter-Times reported (
http://www.reporter-times.com/) Tankersley has been fired.
The Associated Press’ phone call to the jail went unanswered Saturday. Tankersley’s number was unlisted.
About a dozen women claimed, according to a probable cause affidavit, Tankersley told them he would provide them with extra sheets, oranges, ink pens or other items _ in violation of jail rules _ if they exposed their breasts or stripped in front of him.
Two female inmates told investigators that Tankersley had them perform a sex show for him, the affidavit said. Another female inmate said Tankersley touched her breast while she lay on her bunk.
Tankersley asked for a public defender at a hearing Thursday, but it was not clear if one had been appointed.
Morgan County Sheriff’s Department Detective Sgt. Larry Sanders said in the affidavit that Tankersley admitted to most of the acts, which allegedly occurred between Nov. 15 and Jan. 11 during the midnight to 8 a.m. shift.
Tankersley also reportedly told police he has friended some former female inmates on Facebook, but his wife has asked him to unfriend them.
Information from: The (Martinsville, Ind.) Reporter-Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development