MIAMI (AP) – Authorities say no one was injured when two commercial jets collided near the gates at Miami International Airport.
Airport spokesman Marc Henderson told The Miami Herald (
http://hrld.us/XhjCKK) Thursday night that one plane had a damaged wingtip and the other sustained damage on the tail section.
The collision happened between Concourses J and H as an incoming Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus with 240 passengers aboard struck an Air France 777-300 plane preparing to leave for Paris with 350 passengers on board.
Henderson says rescue crews quickly surrounded both planes.
The Herald reports the passengers arriving from Argentina were allowed to get off the plane at the gate. The passengers heading to France had to pick up their luggage and wait in long lines to reschedule their flights.
An investigation is under way.
Information from: The Miami Herald,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees