MIAMI (AP) – Authorities say a commercial airliner clipped another on the ground near a gate at Miami International Airport, but no one was injured among hundreds aboard the two aircraft.
Airport spokesman Marc Henderson told The Miami Herald (
http://hrld.us/13Jz8pV) both planes were damaged, one on the wingtip and the other on the tail section.
Officials say an Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus that arrived with 240 passengers apparently struck an Air France 777-300 plane still at the gate and preparing to depart with 350 passengers for Paris.
Passengers arriving from Argentina disembarked. It wasn’t clear if the Paris-bound passengers would be put on another flight.
Several flights were delayed. The National Transportation Safety Board was investigating.
Last month, two commercial aircraft were damaged in a small collision at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl