MIAMI (AP) – Authorities say a commercial airliner clipped another on the ground near a gate at Miami International Airport, but no one was injured among hundreds aboard the two aircraft.
Airport spokesman Marc Henderson told The Miami Herald (
http://hrld.us/13Jz8pV) both planes were damaged, one on the wingtip and the other on the tail section.
Officials say an Aerolineas Argentinas Airbus that arrived with 240 passengers apparently struck an Air France 777-300 plane still at the gate and preparing to depart with 350 passengers for Paris.
Passengers arriving from Argentina disembarked. It wasn’t clear if the Paris-bound passengers would be put on another flight.
Several flights were delayed. The National Transportation Safety Board was investigating.
Last month, two commercial aircraft were damaged in a small collision at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier