HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) – Pennsylvania parole officials are reversing their decision to free a former Ivy League professor who attacked his wife while she wrapped Christmas presents in 2006 and beat her to death.
The Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole made its decision public Wednesday, a day after family members of Ellen Robb met with a board official.
In November, the board approved Rafael Robb for parole and scheduled him to be released Monday. Its new decision says he’s a risk to the community and won’t get parole until at least September 2014.
Robb killed his wife in their suburban Philadelphia home.
The former University of Pennsylvania professor pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and has served six years. He became eligible for parole when he reached his minimum sentence.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food