GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) – A hunter who broke through ice on the Colorado River has been rescued after spending more than 30 minutes in frigid water.
Lower Valley Fire District Chief Frank Cavaliere (cav-uh-LEER’) says the man, believed to be age 60, was treated for hypothermia.
Grand Junction Fire Department spokesman Mike Page says the man had gone onto the ice after a dog that was retrieving a duck or goose around noon Tuesday. Cavaliere says other hunters saw the man fall and called 911. The dog was fine and running around in the 14-degree weather when firefighters arrived.
KKCO-TV in Grand Junction reports (
http://bit.ly/107zHtx) the man held onto an ice shelf with one leg outside the water until a firefighter with a floating board swam out and helped him to shore.
Information from: KKCO-TV,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development