DENVER (AP) – A man who pleaded guilty to animal cruelty after leaving his injured dog on a Colorado mountain has been sentenced to a year of unsupervised probation.
KUSA-TV in Denver reports (
http://on9news.tv/Uq0FHQ) Anthony Ortolani also was ordered Tuesday to perform 30 hours of community service.
Ortolani, of Westminster, has said he and a climbing companion were hiking Mount Bierstadt in August when bad weather moved in. He says he tried to carry his 112-pound German shepherd mix, Missy, off the mountain when she couldn’t walk, but he had to abandon her so he and his climbing companion could get to safety.
Volunteers coordinated a rescue effort for the dog after another hiker spotted her, and she now has a new owner.
Information from: KUSA-TV,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development