CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – A Massachusetts judge has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against Harvard University by the mother of a nonstudent killed in a 2009 drug robbery in a dorm.
The Boston Globe reported Monday (
http://bo.st/11vjZZM) that a Middlesex Superior Court judge found Harvard isn’t liable for three New York men who used a student’s ID to get into a dorm and fatally shoot Justin Cosby of Cambridge. None was a Harvard student.
Denise Cosby says Harvard should have stopped Jabrai Jordan Copney from living with his then-girlfriend in a dorm and using her security card. The judge says Harvard couldn’t be expected to protect Justin Cosby.
Copney is serving a life sentence for the killing.
Cosby’s attorney declined to comment. A spokesman says Harvard would “let the decision speak for itself.”
Information from: The Boston Globe,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets