CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – A Massachusetts judge has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against Harvard University by the mother of a nonstudent killed in a 2009 drug robbery in a dorm.
The Boston Globe reported Monday (
http://bo.st/11vjZZM) that a Middlesex Superior Court judge found Harvard isn’t liable for three New York men who used a student’s ID to get into a dorm and fatally shoot Justin Cosby of Cambridge. None was a Harvard student.
Denise Cosby says Harvard should have stopped Jabrai Jordan Copney from living with his then-girlfriend in a dorm and using her security card. The judge says Harvard couldn’t be expected to protect Justin Cosby.
Copney is serving a life sentence for the killing.
Cosby’s attorney declined to comment. A spokesman says Harvard would “let the decision speak for itself.”
Information from: The Boston Globe,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas