CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – A Massachusetts judge has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against Harvard University by the mother of a nonstudent killed in a 2009 drug robbery in a dorm.
The Boston Globe reported Monday (
http://bo.st/11vjZZM) that a Middlesex Superior Court judge found Harvard isn’t liable for three New York men who used a student’s ID to get into a dorm and fatally shoot Justin Cosby of Cambridge. None was a Harvard student.
Denise Cosby says Harvard should have stopped Jabrai Jordan Copney from living with his then-girlfriend in a dorm and using her security card. The judge says Harvard couldn’t be expected to protect Justin Cosby.
Copney is serving a life sentence for the killing.
Cosby’s attorney declined to comment. A spokesman says Harvard would “let the decision speak for itself.”
Information from: The Boston Globe,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments