CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – A Massachusetts judge has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against Harvard University by the mother of a nonstudent killed in a 2009 drug robbery in a dorm.
The Boston Globe reported Monday (
http://bo.st/11vjZZM) that a Middlesex Superior Court judge found Harvard isn’t liable for three New York men who used a student’s ID to get into a dorm and fatally shoot Justin Cosby of Cambridge. None was a Harvard student.
Denise Cosby says Harvard should have stopped Jabrai Jordan Copney from living with his then-girlfriend in a dorm and using her security card. The judge says Harvard couldn’t be expected to protect Justin Cosby.
Copney is serving a life sentence for the killing.
Cosby’s attorney declined to comment. A spokesman says Harvard would “let the decision speak for itself.”
Information from: The Boston Globe,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development