Let’s put it this way: “Central Intelligence” is a movie that stars Kevin Hart and Dwanye “The Rock” Johnson.
If you walk into the theater expecting that, you’ll be happy with what you see.
This film doesn’t rewrite the book or prove highly creative. It’s your basic tale of two people who knew each other in high school that reconnect later in life only to find the tables have flipped: The once fat, awkward kid is now a CIA agent and the popular kid needs his help.
But don’t take that negatively. There are some genuinely funny parts in this movie that had me laughing and I had fun with it.
It’s clear Hart and Johnson like being around each other and making movies. That chemistry really comes across on the big screen.
“Central Intelligence” knows what it is. It knows what its audience is expecting. And it delivers.
- Kevin Hart to bring big comedy tour to Phoenix in July
- Sheriff Paul Penzone spots package thieves in his own neighborhood
- Arizona AG says state tuition rate hikes unfair for parents, students
- Mark Wahlberg tops Forbes’ annual list of highest-paid actors
- Phoenix museum to offer free admission to educators