HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – The president and chief executive officer of The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. says he underwent surgery over the holidays to remove a brain tumor.
Liam E. McGee sent a letter to employees Friday saying the procedure went well and he expects to be back at work Monday.
The Hartford, Conn.-based company says the tumor was in an easily accessible location on the brain and was completely removed. Spokeswoman Shannon Lapierre won’t say whether the tumor was cancerous but says post-surgical tests show McGee is cancer-free.
McGee’s letter says he’ll be undergoing low-dose chemotherapy and radiation treatments “in an abundance of caution.”
The Hartford is one of the world’s biggest insurance and wealth management companies.
McGee joined the company in 2009. He’s a native of County Donegal, Ireland, who grew up in Southern California.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development