HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – The president and chief executive officer of The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. says he underwent surgery over the holidays to remove a brain tumor.
Liam E. McGee sent a letter to employees Friday saying the procedure went well and he expects to be back at work Monday.
The Hartford, Conn.-based company says the tumor was in an easily accessible location on the brain and was completely removed. Spokeswoman Shannon Lapierre won’t say whether the tumor was cancerous but says post-surgical tests show McGee is cancer-free.
McGee’s letter says he’ll be undergoing low-dose chemotherapy and radiation treatments “in an abundance of caution.”
The Hartford is one of the world’s biggest insurance and wealth management companies.
McGee joined the company in 2009. He’s a native of County Donegal, Ireland, who grew up in Southern California.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona