LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) – A man injured in an explosion that leveled a North Texas home that is part of an affordable housing program has died at a hospital.
Christian Community Action president and CEO Ron Batts says 55-year-old Scott Deahl died Sunday night. Batts’ nonprofit group owns the home and rents it out to families who are struggling financially.
Deahl lived at the home in Lewisville, about 20 miles northwest of Dallas.
Two firefighters who were standing on the street near the home were also injured in Friday’s explosion. One was hospitalized with chest pains and expected to recover; the other was treated and released that day.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the blast inside the home. Firefighters initially went to the home that morning after a gas leak was reported.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl