LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) – A veteran New Mexico tree trimmer is hospitalized in critical condition after being shocked by a power line _ six months after he was hospitalized because of a bee attack.
Authorities say 52-year-old Craig Benavidez of Las Cruces was trimming a pine tree Monday when he was shocked by a 13,000-volt power line.
Benavidez had scaled the tree and was secured by a climbing harness about 30 feet above the ground.
A technical rescue team with the city’s fire department was able to lower him from the tree after the power was cut. Benavidez was taken to an El Paso, Texas, hospital.
The Las Cruces Sun-News reports Benavidez has been an arborist for more than 30 years.
In July, he was trimming a cottonwood tree in downtown Las Cruces when he was stung numerous times by what were later determined to be Africanized bees.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them