NEW YORK (AP) – A new tally shows New York City has been working overtime on Superstorm Sandy recovery _ more than $150 million of it.
The city’s Independent Budget Office reported Friday city agencies have spent more than $154 million on overtime related to the late October storm, which left parts of the city underwater.
Police account for 46 percent of it. Sanitation workers make up about 35 percent.
Firefighters, parks workers, Department of Transportation staffers and others also clocked extra hours.
The total doesn’t include overtime at public hospitals, the mass transit system or public housing.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg has said the storm cost city agencies a total of $4.5 billion in losses, cleanup costs, overtime and other expenses. He has pegged costs at $19 billion when private losses and expenses are included.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match