SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a California teen who was found dead in South Lake Tahoe after going missing appears to have taken off her ski jacket and become disoriented while walking.
Nineteen-year-old Alyssa Byrne of Petaluma was found near a snow bank by a utility worker on Friday.
Byrne had attended a music festival and may have tried to walk three miles in freezing weather to her hotel in Stateline, Nev.
El Dorado County Sheriff’s Lt. Pete Van Arnum told the Press Democrat of Santa Rosa (
http://bit.ly/Zmt4P3) in a story Monday that Byrne’s boot prints suggested disorientation. Authorities do not suspect foul play or suicide.
They will try to determine if drugs or alcohol were a factor.
Information from: The Santa Rosa Press Democrat,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains