EAST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – A woman whose two daughters were killed when a small plane crashed into their Connecticut house says she heard the house shake, went to check on her 13-year-old daughter and found the plane in her bedroom.
Sade (shahr-DAY’) Brantley and her 1-year-old sister, Madisyn Mitchell, died in the Aug. 9 crash in East Haven along with the two people on the plane.
The children’s mother, Joann Mitchell, tells WFSB-TV (
http://bit.ly/1fdfb2N) she stayed outside the house all day believing her daughters would be found alive.
Mitchell said Monday she’s dreading spending Christmas without her girls. She says little signs such as a rainbow that peeked out of a cloud during a recent visit to her daughters’ graves help her deal with the tragedy. She says the rainbow was her girls letting her know they’re OK.
Information from: WFSB-TV,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains