DETROIT (AP) – The younger brother of an 8-year-old girl told children’s advocacy workers that he watched his mother stab his sister to death in their Detroit home.
Semeria Greene is charged with murder in the Dec. 30 slaying of her daughter, Tameria.
A petition filed Monday in Wayne County Juvenile Court on behalf of the state Department of Human Services says Tameria’s 4-year-old brother witnessed her death.
The petition was filed in a neglect case involving Greene’s four sons. It says the boy told child advocacy workers his mother “had a big knife and cut his sister and his mother killed Ti-Ti.”
The state wants to end Greene’s parental rights to her other children. A pretrial hearing is set for Jan. 24.
Greene is being held without bond.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered