DUNMORE, Pa. (AP) – Police say a wrong-way driver ended up going 18 miles on an interstate in northeastern Pennsylvania.
The Times-Leader of Wilkes-Barre reports (
http://bit.ly/S4zLIf) police say traffic was light when it happened around 5:30 a.m. on New Year’s Day, and no one was hurt. Police responded after getting calls about a vehicle going at high speeds the wrong direction on Interstate 81 north.
Troopers say they tried unsuccessfully to get the driver’s attention using emergency lights and a spot light. Authorities say she was eventually stopped using a roadblock in Laflin, about 18 miles from where she started in Dickson City.
Police identified the driver as 22-year-old Albrightsville resident Paige Cicardo. She’s been arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and reckless endangerment. A telephone listing for her could not immediately found.
Information from: Times Leader,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains