NEW HAVEN, Connecticut (AP) – Author and scholar of Benjamin Franklin’s papers Claude-Anne Lopez has died at age 92.
Lopez started her studies of Franklin’s papers at Yale University with secretarial-type work and rose to a top editor’s job. Her son, Larry Lopez, says she had Alzheimer’s disease and died Friday at her New Haven home.
Lopez spent years working on The Papers of Benjamin Franklin, a project at the university to collect, edit and publish Franklin’s writings. She specialized in the American founding father’s private life, and wrote a handful of books about him.
Former Yale colleague Jonathan Dull ranks Lopez as one of the 20th century’s great Franklin scholars.
She also helped found a Philadelphia-based network of people interested in Franklin’s life.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier