LAS VEGAS (AP) – Police say they’re trying to determine who was at fault in a two-vehicle collision that sent a pickup truck crashing into a Las Vegas bus stop, hitting a father and critically injuring his three young children.
Police say the children, ages 5 and younger, were taken to University Medical Center after the 5:45 a.m. Friday crash, including one who underwent surgery for a serious head injury.
Their father was taken with them to the hospital but wasn’t reported to have been seriously hurt.
Police Sgt. Richard Strader told reporters the pickup drivers each claimed to have a green light at the busy Bonanza Road and Lamb Boulevard intersection east of downtown.
He said both passed sobriety tests and neither appeared impaired.
Detectives say they’re looking for witnesses to the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl