LAS VEGAS (AP) – Police say they’re trying to determine who was at fault in a two-vehicle collision that sent a pickup truck crashing into a Las Vegas bus stop, hitting a father and critically injuring his three young children.
Police say the children, ages 5 and younger, were taken to University Medical Center after the 5:45 a.m. Friday crash, including one who underwent surgery for a serious head injury.
Their father was taken with them to the hospital but wasn’t reported to have been seriously hurt.
Police Sgt. Richard Strader told reporters the pickup drivers each claimed to have a green light at the busy Bonanza Road and Lamb Boulevard intersection east of downtown.
He said both passed sobriety tests and neither appeared impaired.
Detectives say they’re looking for witnesses to the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them