BOSTON (AP) – Massachusetts voters heading to the polls on primary day in this year’s special U.S. Senate election will find something that was missing from last year’s Senate race _ a choice of candidates.
Three Republicans and two Democrats say they’ve collected more than the 10,000 certified signatures needed to land a spot on the April 30 ballot.
Former U.S. Attorney Michael Sullivan said Wednesday his volunteer signature effort was successful and he’ll join state Rep. Daniel Winslow and Cohasset businessman Gabriel Gomez on the Republican ballot.
On the Democratic side, U.S. Reps. Edward Markey and Stephen Lynch are facing off.
Voters on each side will decide which candidates will go on to represent their party in the June 25 election.
Last year, Republican Scott Brown and Democrat Elizabeth Warren ran unopposed in their primaries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets