EUREKA, Calif. (AP) – An orphaned Northern California bobcat that was initially deemed too friendly is back in the wild.
The Times-Standard of Eureka reports (
http://bit.ly/17grZOB) that Chips has been released along with her den mate, Sierra, in Humboldt County.
Chips had spent more than seven months in rehabilitation after she was found injured by crews battling a wildfire last August in the Plumas National Forest.
Nan Powers with the group Sierra Wildlife Rescue says Chips was ready to be released into the wild. She would spit and growl when humans came near.
But that wasn’t always the case, so rescuers had to toughen up the cat because she had become too friendly. That involved forcing her to chase down her own food and stop sleeping on a soft bed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona