(AP) – A jet in Pittsburgh got stuck in snow on the tarmac while another one in New York got itself mired in mud.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that an American Airlines flight arrived Wednesday evening during a storm, but then ran over a snow patch and got stuck. Airport spokeswoman JoAnn Jenny says workers tried for nearly two hours to tow the plane before deciding to bus passengers to the terminal.
On Thursday morning at MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma (rahn-KAHN’-koh-mah), N.Y., a Southwest Airlines jet bound for Tampa, Fla., got stuck in some mud after it veered off a taxiway following a night of heavy rain. Southwest spokesman Paul Flaningan says it’s not yet clear whether the weather played a role.
There were no injuries at either airport.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments