(AP) – A jet in Pittsburgh got stuck in snow on the tarmac while another one in New York got itself mired in mud.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that an American Airlines flight arrived Wednesday evening during a storm, but then ran over a snow patch and got stuck. Airport spokeswoman JoAnn Jenny says workers tried for nearly two hours to tow the plane before deciding to bus passengers to the terminal.
On Thursday morning at MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma (rahn-KAHN’-koh-mah), N.Y., a Southwest Airlines jet bound for Tampa, Fla., got stuck in some mud after it veered off a taxiway following a night of heavy rain. Southwest spokesman Paul Flaningan says it’s not yet clear whether the weather played a role.
There were no injuries at either airport.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates