KAILUA, Hawaii (AP) – How President Barack Obama spent the fourth day of his Christmas vacation on Tuesday in Hawaii:
_ GYM: Obama headed to Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe for his usual morning workout, the second of his trip since arriving early Saturday.
_ LOUNGING: Obama spent most of the morning and early afternoon with his family in their rented beachside vacation home in Kailua, a sleepy Honolulu suburb on the east side of Oahu. The family opened gifts Christmas morning, ate breakfast and sang carols.
_ PHOTOS WITH MILITARY: Obama and first lady Michelle Obama visited with military service members at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe, thanking hundreds of service members as they ate an early Christmas dinner. Obama gave a short speech, then took photos with individual service members and their families.
_ DEPARTURE PLANNED: The White House said Obama would return to Washington, D.C., on a redeye flight Wednesday night, and that Michelle Obama and their daughters would remain in Hawaii.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments