KAILUA, Hawaii (AP) – How President Barack Obama spent the fourth day of his Christmas vacation on Tuesday in Hawaii:
_ GYM: Obama headed to Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe for his usual morning workout, the second of his trip since arriving early Saturday.
_ LOUNGING: Obama spent most of the morning and early afternoon with his family in their rented beachside vacation home in Kailua, a sleepy Honolulu suburb on the east side of Oahu. The family opened gifts Christmas morning, ate breakfast and sang carols.
_ PHOTOS WITH MILITARY: Obama and first lady Michelle Obama visited with military service members at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe, thanking hundreds of service members as they ate an early Christmas dinner. Obama gave a short speech, then took photos with individual service members and their families.
_ DEPARTURE PLANNED: The White House said Obama would return to Washington, D.C., on a redeye flight Wednesday night, and that Michelle Obama and their daughters would remain in Hawaii.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development