HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) – The New Yorker magazine has been ordered to turn over audio of interview sessions it conducted with former Penn State President Graham Spanier (SPAN’-yer) about the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
Harrisburg’s The Patriot-News reports (
http://bit.ly/RK1Zb1) Judge Barry Feudale ruled Friday. An attorney for the magazine says it’ll comply by a Dec. 28 deadline.
Reporter Jeffrey Toobin interviewed Spanier after a Penn State internal report concluded he and his top administrators tried to conceal knowledge of abuse by Sandusky because they were worried about bad publicity.
The judge dismissed the magazine’s contention Spanier provided background information as a confidential source.
Sandusky was an assistant football coach. He was convicted on charges he molested 10 boys but says he’s innocent.
Spanier has been charged with obstruction of justice and other counts. He also says he’s innocent.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees