HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) – The New Yorker magazine has been ordered to turn over audio of interview sessions it conducted with former Penn State President Graham Spanier (SPAN’-yer) about the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
Harrisburg’s The Patriot-News reports (
http://bit.ly/RK1Zb1) Judge Barry Feudale ruled Friday. An attorney for the magazine says it’ll comply by a Dec. 28 deadline.
Reporter Jeffrey Toobin interviewed Spanier after a Penn State internal report concluded he and his top administrators tried to conceal knowledge of abuse by Sandusky because they were worried about bad publicity.
The judge dismissed the magazine’s contention Spanier provided background information as a confidential source.
Sandusky was an assistant football coach. He was convicted on charges he molested 10 boys but says he’s innocent.
Spanier has been charged with obstruction of justice and other counts. He also says he’s innocent.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food