BOSTON (AP) – The father of Massachusetts U.S. Sen. Scott Brown has died.
The senator announced that 75-year-old C. Bruce Brown of Newburyport died Thursday after battling Parkinson’s disease for years. During the past year he had been either hospitalized or in an assisted living facility.
Sen. Brown has written about what he called his complicated relationship with his father. Brown’s parents divorced when he was young and his father was largely absent in Brown’s life when he was growing up.
Brown said as the two matured, their respect and love for each other also matured.
He described his father as “a good man with a big heart” and said he’ll miss his guidance and sense of humor. He said his wife and two daughters were also thankful for his father’s wife Peggy and her family.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development