I like to end my interviews by putting my guests on the spot.
I tell them to pretend they have only 60 seconds in front of the capstone class at Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business to impart a word of wisdom to a would-be group of entrepreneurs who are getting ready to make their mark.
The answers vary from guest to guest. However, every once in a while, I get an answer that challenges me.
“Don’t stop!” That was Chris Loeffler’s response when put on the spot.
Loeffler is the co-founder and CEO at Caliber – The Wealth Development Company. Caliber, who was listed on the Inc. 500 list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2014, exists to help investors develop wealth through the acquisition of real estate.
The most interesting part of Caliber, and why I found Loeffler’s response to my scenario so fascinating, is the fact they began in 2008 at a time when many were exiting the real estate market.
Loeffler attributes a great deal of his success to the principle of not stopping and never giving up.
When Caliber first started, their only goal was to ensure they would still be in business the next day and the next and the next.
He believes that, if you never stop, something amazing will happen. The longer you are at it, the more opportunities you will be presented.
In any business, success takes time. I know for me, I have many days where I wonder if my hard work is ever going to pay huge dividends.
Without knowing it, I have been following Loeffler’s advice. I keep at it and always engage in activities that are designed to help me reach goals.
Now I have days where my opportunities leave me amazed. Don’t stop!
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night