SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) – A judge has ordered that a man charged with firing 54 shots outside a Newport Beach mall be held without bail.
Marcos Sarinana Gurrola was charged Tuesday with 54 counts of discharging a gun in public and two counts of assault because a mother and her 4-year-old daughter were knocked down and injured as they fled.
The 42-year-old ex-security guard also was charged with 10 more counts after prosecutors linked him to a similar shooting in 2011 at the same mall.
No one was hit in either shooting at Fashion Island.
A police detective says Gurrola told him he discharged the gun because “it made him feel better.”
The Orange County Register (
http://bit.ly/XFXlri) reports police are investigating several similar incidents involving Gurrola.
Gurrola did not enter a plea. He’s scheduled for arraignment Jan. 11.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered