BRYN MAWR, Pa. (AP) – Authorities say a pair of crooked Pennsylvania dental office employees ran an after-hours, word-of-mouth operation where they performed root canals, pulled teeth and installed braces without proper training.
Montgomery County prosecutors say they’ve identified three patients who received treatment from the impostors, but X-rays indicate there could be dozens more.
A grand jury report alleges 45-year-old dental assistant Cheryl Laing and 24-year-old receptionist Jessica Gullickson used the Bryn Mawr dental practice where they worked to provide low-cost services to uninsured patients.
One patient reported a tooth extraction was a painful 45-minute ordeal and another said the receptionist was left to “find the root” during a root canal.
Both women were arraigned Monday on charges including theft and conspiracy. Phone listings for them couldn’t be located Tuesday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon