JACKSON, Miss. (AP) – The Mississippi Supreme Court and Court of Appeals have been briefly evacuated after a bomb threat but no explosives were found.
Courts spokeswoman Beverly Pettigrew Kraft says the clerk’s office received a threatening call about 9:12 a.m. Monday, and the Gartin Justice Building was evacuated. People were allowed back in about 10:50 a.m.
Local and state authorities were investigating. A bomb sniffing dog went through the building and found nothing.
The building houses the Mississippi Supreme Court, the state Court of Appeals and their support staffs. It is located across from the state Capitol near downtown Jackson.
Last week, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said threats were called in to courthouses in 29 of the state’s 82 counties. No bombs were found.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier