NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is stepping up his gun control campaign by asking donors not to support four Democratic senators who opposed a bill to expand background checks.
Bloomberg’s made the request in a letter to about 1,100 New York City residents. It comes as a mayor’s group that he co-founded plans a national bus tour aimed at getting senators who voted against the proposed legislation in April to change their minds.
The tour leaves Friday from Newtown, Conn., where a gunman six months ago killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school.
Erica Lafferty, whose mother was the principal of the school and was among those killed, vowed to keep up the pressure as well. She spoke to reporters Wednesday on a conference call.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development