MOBILE, Ala. (AP) – A federal judge in Alabama has sentenced two men to 15 years in prison each for conspiring to support terrorists.
U.S. District Judge Kristi DuBose imposed the sentences Friday on 26-year-old Randy Lamar Wilson of Mobile and Mohammad Abdul Rahman Abukhdair, who’s originally from New York.
The men pleaded guilty earlier this year to charges of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists.
Prosecutors say the two men met over the Internet and Abukhdair moved to Mobile, where Wilson lived. The two had become business partners before their arrests a year ago.
Federal prosecutors portrayed Wilson as an Islamic radical who wanted to reunite with Omar Hammami, an Alabama native who became a jihadi in Africa. Somali rivals killed Hammami in September.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development