NEW YORK (AP) – The mother of a man ambushed and killed in Manhattan says New York City detectives found no drugs, weapons or evidence of any kind in her son’s Los Angeles condo.
Sandra Wellington told The New York Times (
http://nyti.ms/Td0HBU) the detective returned the key to Brandon Lincoln Woodard’s apartment and told her they “found nothing.”
She said the detectives told her they were working day and night on the case. One detective told her “they were very close.”
But on Thursday, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly insisted police hadn’t identified any suspects in the execution-style slaying about a block from Central Park or determined why he was targeted.
Police are still examining three phones carried by Woodard when he flew to New York on Sunday for reasons that are unclear.
Information from: The New York Times,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon