NEW YORK (AP) – The mother of a man ambushed and killed in Manhattan says New York City detectives found no drugs, weapons or evidence of any kind in her son’s Los Angeles condo.
Sandra Wellington told The New York Times (
http://nyti.ms/Td0HBU) the detective returned the key to Brandon Lincoln Woodard’s apartment and told her they “found nothing.”
She said the detectives told her they were working day and night on the case. One detective told her “they were very close.”
But on Thursday, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly insisted police hadn’t identified any suspects in the execution-style slaying about a block from Central Park or determined why he was targeted.
Police are still examining three phones carried by Woodard when he flew to New York on Sunday for reasons that are unclear.
Information from: The New York Times,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments