(AP) – Top 10 recipients, in total compensation, among private-college leaders in 2010.
1. Bob Kerrey (x), The New School, $3,047,703
2. Shirley Ann Jackson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, $2,340,441
3. G. David Pollick (x), Birmingham-Southern College, $2,312,098
4. Mark S. Wrighton, Washington University in Saint Louis, $2,268,837
5. Nicholas S. Zeppos, Vanderbilt University, $2,228,349
6. Steven B. Sample (x), University of Southern California, $1,963,710
7. Lee C. Bollinger, Columbia University, $1,932,931
8. Richard C. Levin, Yale University, $1,616,066
9. Robert J. Zimmer, University of Chicago, $1,597,918
10. Jack P. Varsalona, Wilmington University (Del.), $1,550,218
(x) No longer president.
Source: The Chronicle of Higher Education
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)