CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (AP) – Pfizer Inc.’s medical research lab in St. Louis County is missing $700,000 worth of gold dust, and police are trying to determine if it was lost or stolen.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (
http://bit.ly/UiPayr) reports that Chesterfield police began an investigation this week after a Pfizer employee conducting inventory couldn’t find the gold dust purchased last year for use in research.
Police Capt. Steven Lewis says no one is “sure if they just didn’t account for it and it was used naturally, or if it was stolen or misplaced.”
Pfizer said in a statement it is working with law enforcement and takes the matter seriously.
It wasn’t clear what purpose the gold dust has in Pfizer’s research.
Chesterfield is about 20 miles west of St. Louis.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy