ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) – A Texas pastor says an Alaska murder suspect who confessed to targeting people across the country ranted at his sister’s March wedding about how he didn’t believe in God.
Israel Keyes told authorities he killed Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig and at least seven others over the past decade. He was found dead last Sunday in his Anchorage jail cell after he killed himself.
Pastor Jacob Gardner told The Anchorage Daily News (
http://is.gd/18edAk) that he was traveling with Keyes’ mother and other relatives for the killer’s funeral Sunday in Deer Park, Wash.
Gardner says Keyes attended a sister’s wedding in March in Texas, where he ranted about how he didn’t believe in God. That would have been shortly before his arrest.
The pastor says some of the preaching there had targeted Keyes to get him to “denounce his atheism.” But Gardner says the ceremony ended with Keyes raging against God.
Information from: Anchorage (Alaska) Daily News,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon