CASPER, Wyo. (AP) – A student who witnessed last week’s bow-and-arrow killing of a Wyoming community college instructor says she thought at first that the assailant brought the weapon into the classroom only to try to scare the victim.
Casper College student Alexus Knight tells KTWO-AM (bit.ly/VqC19M) that slain computer science instructor James Krumm was like a second father to many students.
Police say the instructor’s son, 25-year-old Christopher Krumm of Vernon, Conn., killed his father Friday and then stabbed himself to death in front of a handful of students. They say the younger man earlier had killed his father’s girlfriend, 42-year-old Heidi Arnold, at the couple’s home about two miles from campus.
Knight says she got the impression that James Krumm was trying to get away from his son after the arrow hit him. She says she ran from the classroom and hid in a bathroom until police arrived.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.