CASPER, Wyo. (AP) – A student who witnessed last week’s bow-and-arrow killing of a Wyoming community college instructor says she thought at first that the assailant brought the weapon into the classroom only to try to scare the victim.
Casper College student Alexus Knight tells KTWO-AM (bit.ly/VqC19M) that slain computer science instructor James Krumm was like a second father to many students.
Police say the instructor’s son, 25-year-old Christopher Krumm of Vernon, Conn., killed his father Friday and then stabbed himself to death in front of a handful of students. They say the younger man earlier had killed his father’s girlfriend, 42-year-old Heidi Arnold, at the couple’s home about two miles from campus.
Knight says she got the impression that James Krumm was trying to get away from his son after the arrow hit him. She says she ran from the classroom and hid in a bathroom until police arrived.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development