GREENSBURG, Ind. (AP) – Authorities say four people died when a small plane crashed as it was approaching a southeastern Indiana airport in foggy, misty conditions.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the crash happened Sunday evening about a mile south of the Greensburg Municipal Airport. All on board were killed. The FAA says the plane had been cleared to approach the airport but never arrived.
The plane apparently crashed in a field, then went down a steep hill before stopping in a wooded area. Greensburg police Capt. Bill Meyerrose said the weather hampered the search for the wreckage, which wasn’t found for about four hours.
The victims were two Greensburg couples. Meyerrose identified them as 46-year-old Donald P. Horan, 44-year-old Barbara L. Horan, 45-year-old Stephen A. Butz and 42-year-old Denise L. Butz.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments